Wednesday, June 26, 2013

d'Uccle Flock

I have a small flock of "found" d'uccles. They seem to find me. :) This is just a purely fun pursuit with no project to speak of and no goal for improving my stock.  I hope that's not too blunt or disappointing for anyone but it's the truth.  I think they're adorable and as good a starter bird as any for backyard coops. Especially because, for such little things, they pack a powerful punch in terms of learning about genetics.


"Apollo" is a "lavender pattered isabel partridge". 

The white hen is named "Zinnia".  My best guess is she's a recessive white because it looks so clean and because I have yet to hatch any white birds..... 
The two mille fleurs are "Lizzie Pebbles" and "Laura Pebbles".  
Unpictured: "Astrid" is a porcelain hen who just joined our flock this spring.  
PS Lizzie Pebbles is one of our oldest birds - hatched in 2009, she's one of our special pets.